22165Re: Turbo Yeast Question? for harry

  • michael_fearn
    Oct 8, 2006
      I have personally have nothing but good things to say about my
      suppler. He was very quick with some answers and said he would replace
      the bad yeast. I would gladly order from him again, and in fact have.
      Though i asked for different brand of Turbo Yeast this time. :) The
      stuff that did not work for me was "Turbo 8Kg". Probably just an
      isolated problem. Like you say, it could have happened at many
      different times. Production, packaging, shipping to supplier,
      supplier, shipping to me, me. I am not holding a grudge, I am just
      happy I got it figured out. I thought I was going crazy. I am new at
      this and I thought I had really screwed up somewhere. If it keeps
      happening I may start to get annoyed though. :)

      Cheers,
      Michael

      > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "kirtgk" <kirtgk@> wrote:
      > >
      > > i also had a similar problem with some of my yeast!! harry told me
      > the
      > > same thing. check exp. date and batch number then take it up with
      > > supplier. mine wasnt totaly dead but a lot less vigorous than
      > previous
      > > packs. i took the loss and now purchase from elese where.
      >

      > ...........My preference would be to contact BOTH supplier and maker
      > at the same time. Use the CC capability of the email. That way
      > everything is above board, all parties know that the other has been
      > informed, and it gives them a chance to trace any problems and make
      > good.
      >
      > It's not fair to dis a supplier without giving them a chance.
      > Perhaps it was due to some outside influence such as customs,
      > shipping etc. over which they have little control. Only by giving
      > both supplier and maker the info can they take steps to ensure it
      > doesn't happen again.
      >
      > Slainte!
      > regards Harry

    • Show all 25 messages in this topic