22161Re: Turbo Yeast Question?

  • michael_fearn
    Oct 8, 2006
      Hi Rick, the turbo i had was a powder, but it was quite fused into a
      solid mass. I am told that this is not how it was supposed to be. It
      took quite a bit of stirring to break the mass up. It had 8 months
      till expiry. It must have gotten too hot as Harry said, or perhaps
      there was just a flaw in packaging?? I don't know. The EC-1118 is
      bubbling away merrily at the moment anyways. This is sooo cool! Just
      like when i was given a chemistry set as a kid!
      Cheers,
      Michael

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, donald holcombe
      <blackledge_02@...> wrote:

      > Is turbo yeast liquid or powder ? All my white labs yeast is liquid
      and I have been told to keep it and powder yeast in the frig. Some for
      a year is still OK.

      > Rick <yahoogroupmail@...> wrote: My supplier always has his yeasts
      in the refrigerator where others leave
      > them on the shelf. I've yet to try my turbo yeasts (refrigerated)
      but I know
      > the Lavlin on the shelf has never failed.
      >

      > Rick
      >

      > _____

      10/7/2006