22160Re: Turbo Yeast Question?

  • michael_fearn
    Oct 8, 2006
      Hi Harry,
      I forgot to write the info down and i tossed all of the packaging.
      Silly silly me. I did contact the supplier and he sounds very willing
      to replace them. Damn good of him i thought, as i could have screwed
      it up myself. Very good experience with the supplier here. He got back
      to me right away with my questions.
      Cheers,
      Michael

      > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "michael_fearn"
      > <michael_fearn@> wrote:
      > >
      > > The second package of yeast also did not work. Not a peep. Filtered
      > > water, 29Deg C, aeration for 24 hours. Nothing. I waited for a few
      > > days and then decided it was dead. It had all settled out and nothing
      > > was happening.
      > >
      > > So it turns out that my turbo yeast was in fact, bad. I pitched some
      > > Lavlin EC-1118 in the very same wash and now it is working fine. Oh
      > > well. Live and learn. Must have been a bad lot of Turbo 8kg.
      > >
      > > Thanks for the input.
      > > Cheers,
      > > Michael
      >

      > If you still have the empty packets, there's a batch number on them.
      > Record it, then take up your case with both the supplier and the
      > manufacturer. They keep records of shipment dates delivery dates
      > etc. At the least I would think they'll replace the items with a
      > different batch. One particular English maker is very conscientious
      > at public relations.
      >
      > Slainte!
      > regards Harry

    • Show all 25 messages in this topic