22153Re: Turbo Yeast Question?

  • michael_fearn
    Oct 8, 2006
      The second package of yeast also did not work. Not a peep. Filtered
      water, 29Deg C, aeration for 24 hours. Nothing. I waited for a few
      days and then decided it was dead. It had all settled out and nothing
      was happening.

      So it turns out that my turbo yeast was in fact, bad. I pitched some
      Lavlin EC-1118 in the very same wash and now it is working fine. Oh
      well. Live and learn. Must have been a bad lot of Turbo 8kg.

      Thanks for the input.
      Cheers,
      Michael

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "michael_fearn"
      <michael_fearn@...> wrote:

      > I did do an SG before. However i got mad an hour ago and dumped it. I
      > am going to try again with some different water. I will try aeration
      > for a bit too. Thanks for the comments though, if it happens again i
      > will test the SG.
      >

      > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Link D'Antoni <link2d@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Did you run a Sp Gr before? Check it now to see
      > > what's what.
      > >
      > > Link
      > >
      > > --- michael_fearn <michael_fearn@> wrote:
      > >
      > > > Well, it could be tighter but it is not bad. It is
      > > > just the plastic
      > > > trash can type of fermenter. Maybe I will run a bead
      > > > of tape along the
      > > > seam.
      > > >

      > > > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Ian Kent"

      > > > sugar wash. I bought