21374Re: [new_distillers] Distilled Fruit?

  • greg tufts
    Aug 10, 2006
      Hi guys, you didn't mention what type of fruit you
      are using, however I am making what I call chokecherry
      brandy from fruit in my yard.
      I use a basic wine recipe and then distill in
      my pot still, I think its a nice product aged on oak.
      Try this reference for lots of good info on
      various fruit and other distilling info.
      http://distillers.tastylime.net/library/artisan_distilling/index.htm
      cheers
      greg
      --- andy wood <ctcdubai@...> wrote:

      > i too have fruit and i need too know how i start the
      > fermenting eg what yeast how much water and sugar
      > etc can any body help
      >
      > Robert Thomas <whosbrewing@...> wrote:
      > The germans would call it schnapps. Brandy is
      > perhaps strictly grape
      > based, but since the word most likely originated
      > from an anglisization
      > of brandt wein (literally burnt wine), and you can
      > have fruit wines,
      > then why not fruit brandy?
      > Or you could just call it "diskmaster's eau de vie"
      > (water of life) but
      > then I guess the French might complain.
      > cheers
      > Rob.
      >
      > --- diskmaster23 <diskmaster23@...> wrote:
      >
      > > When you distill from fruit, is it technically a
      > brandy?
      > >
      > > I am considering distilling from extra fruit that
      > I have lying
      > > around,
      > > but I am just wondering what is the classification
      > of this
      > > distillate.
      > >
      > > Disk
      > >

      > Cheers,