21318Re: [new_distillers] Re: andy in france not knowing what he is doing

  • allan degroot
    Aug 4, 2006
      Traditional eau da vie's are simply pure UN-aged (CLEAR)
      fruit brandies.

      Though "Pear William" is likely the most famous
      (and aquires some of it's color from tannins leached from the pear that's
      grown inside the bottle) the type should be also be experienced by the various
      fruit brandies of Alsace.

      Alsatian Berengeist (pear) is a particular favorite of mine.

      though the German Kirschwasser is probably better known
      (and tastes like the lighter fluid it really is:)

      AllanD

      At 09:03 AM 8/4/06 +0200, you wrote:
      >I've seen the bottles in Luxembourg. Tasted the stuff to, the pear one. Is
      >rather harsh stuff this eau de vie.
      >Jan Wouter
      >

      >2006/8/3, waljaco <waljaco@...>:
      > >
      > > Growing the fruit in the bottles is the hard part! I have seen
      > > pictures on the internet how it is done. How do you do it?
      > > wal

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic