19645Re: [new_distillers] Re: Pro's and con's of the Mini Still

  • _{*L*}_
    Mar 6, 2006
      Imagine you slice a salami at an angle. In case of mini-still this cut extends only 3/4 of the diameter of the salami. Then in insert a cardboard into the salami. If you are having difficulties understanding this I would recommend bying the stuff.

      Dave <diskmaster23@...> wrote: Do I understand this right?
      I have to make holes and solder the piece of slant to the pipe?

      I am trying to picture all of this being done, but I am having
      diffculty seeing it.

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, _{*L*}_ <bokakob@...> wrote:

      > In order to solder the slanted plate inside the column the one
      should cut a simple slanted slot with a hacksaw. Then inserting a
      plate in the slot will provide this detail. If you don't understand it
      please do a mock-up setup with a cardboard cylinder and your kitchen
      knife. Any shoe box would make a nice cardboard material to make and
      invision the design.

      > Dave <diskmaster23@...> wrote: Curious question about the
      construction of the Mini-Still...if it hasn't already been answered.
      How do you get that soldered slanted slate into the piping like that?
      I have some left over materials from my previous still construction
      that I would love to make this.
      > Thanks, Dave
      >
      > _{*L*}_
      > Pluralitas non est ponenda sine necessitate
      > http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bokakob

      Food and drink Home distilling Culture Culture club Organizational culture Distillers