19607Re: Pro's and con's of the Mini Still

  • Lindsay Williams
    Mar 3, 2006
      No, my coil is a single one. Used about 4 1/2 metres over a 1 1/2"
      tube (mandrel). I just poked about 6-7" down into the former, bent
      the tubing to lay back down the former, bent it at rt angles at the
      top then started the coiling process. This diameter copper is pretty
      easy to work with, you'll find.

      Cheers,
      Lindsay.

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Marc Verheyden" <mavnkaf@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi Lindsay,
      >
      > Thanks for your post, I'll look for it. Did you do it as a double
      > coil style? Also how much more copper would I have to use to
      > compensate for the smaller size? Sorry for the questions.
      >
      > Cheers
      > Marc
      >

      > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Lindsay Williams"
      > <lindsay.nz@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I made my coil (27 turns) from 5mm soft copper which is readily
      > > available from a plumbing supplies warehouse. It is used in
      > > refrigeration and has been used as brake pipe. This size is easy to
      > > coil and with a scrubber stuffed down it it is adequate for my VM
      > still.
      > >
      > > Cheers,
      > > Lindsay.

    • Show all 27 messages in this topic