17732RE: [new_distillers] Re: using 'old' wine

  • Brendan Keith
    Oct 13, 2005
      I would have thought the other way:

      Wine has a higher alcohol content which would prevent infection, and it
      shouldn't turn to vinegar as that stage of fermentation is long past.

      Beer shouldn't have preservatives according to most quality laws like the
      Reinheitsgebot, etc. so I'd expect it to go bad quickly.

      In both cases, I guess you'll just have to contribute quicker to the pot.

      --
      Brendan Keith
      bkeith@...

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic