17703Re: using 'old' wine

  • will butler
    Oct 12, 2005
      thanks for the input fellas, 'preciated.

      what i'm trying to get at though is - can wine thats 'off' be used.
      it could be weeks or even months before i will have enough to put in
      the machine, and by that time it will almost certainly be mouldy but
      will definately be oxidised and 'vinegary'.

      as far as lager and beer is concerned- they put certain chemicals in
      can beer to preserve it i think, does anyone know what they are and
      what they will do if distilled? this is possibly more important as i
      drink more beer than wine, and i often leave the 'dregs' at the
      bottom of the can, as well as almost always opening that last can
      when i dont really want it!

      cheers
      will

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "sonum norbu" <blanik@o...>
      wrote:

      > I had around thirty bottles of honey mead I made when I worked
      bees. It
      > was twenty or so years old. I tossed it in the old pot still and
      now have
      > four litres of the finest honey likker ever made!!! blanikdog

      Service.

      ----

      > "Most of the troubles of the world are caused by human beings".
      (Shakyamuni Buddha)