17698Re: [new_distillers] using 'old' wine

  • ethanol101@aol.com
    Oct 12, 2005
      In a message dated 10/12/2005 5:53:32 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      jesta_187@... writes:

      me and the missus get through a bit of wine and beer, but fairly often
      a bottle each isnt *quite* enough, whereas 3 bottles is often *too
      much*. if i were to collect this old wine and store it until i had
      enough, could i distill it? the same applies to beer and lager.

      ta.

      I'm know expert but I think so, My dad made some grape wine he didn't like
      and he distilled it to 93% abv neutral spirit.

      Ethanol102