17680Re: [new_distillers] Re: reusing yeast

  • Robert Thomas
    Oct 12, 2005
      Also, if the original yeast was a turbo, the packet
      comes with lots of nutrients and pH buffers as well as
      yeast. So when you reuse the "sludge" you need to add
      your own nutrients (eg mollasses) and potentially
      buffers (although this isn't necessary unless you are
      trying to get the fast high abv results you do with
      turbos. If you are, give up now: it's too
      complicated).
      Cheers,
      Rob.

      http://distillers.tastylime.net/library/HomedistillerMirror/Org/ferment