Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

1762Re: [new_distillers] Silver Solder

Expand Messages
  • ups474@aol.com
    Dec 2, 2001
    • 0 Attachment
      How about lead believed to be one of the causes of the fall of Rome? The
      lead drinking cups they drank wine out of resulted in the formation of lead
      acetate (the acetic acid came from the wine), a salt that is very toxic to
      the brain. Alcohol and lead are also very attracted to one another- the
      reason you don't see any deaths is because the lead poisoning isn't showing
      up as an acute case (a massive dose all at once)- it is a chronic poisoning
      that results from drinking lead contaminated alcohol. You can make a still
      with leaded solder, drink the spirit, and you will probably not feel
      anything. Lead does not work like that- it is a much slower, nastier poison.
      The fatal dose for absorbed lead is estimated to be 0.5grams. Accumulation
      and toxicity occur if more than 0.5mg per day is absorbed. The half life for
      lead in bone is 32 years, the half life of lead in the kidneys is 7 years.
      Primary symptoms of lead poisoning are gastrointestinal and central nervous
      system disturbances (including encephalopathy) and anemia. Early symptoms
      are loss of appetite, weight loss, constipation, vomitting, fatigue,
      headache, weakness, and loss of recently developed skills. The mortality
      rate in people with lead encephalopathy is about 25%. Half of those who
      survive have PERMANANT MENTAL DETERIORATION!! (souce:
      Handbook of Poisoning by Robert H. Dreisbach and William O. Robertson,
      Appleton medical press, 12th edition, 1987) Does this tell you something?
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic