1747Silver Solder

  • fizzynick@yahoo.co.uk
    Dec 2, 2001
      I know the recommendation to use silver solder on copper joints makes
      a lot of sense as far as avoiding lead contamination is concerned,
      but is it really necessary to throw away your old solder and go out
      and buy silver solder to replace it?

      Is ethanol an attractant of lead?
      Will the small amount of lead really do any harm?

      I haven't seen any evidence of the contamintion factor of the lead in
      normal solder that would effect distilling in any way.
      Can anyone point me in the direction of a website that can clear this
      up for me please as I can't find anything other than speculation and
      hearsay on this.

      Thanks

      Fizz
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic