15434Re: cloudy diluted spirit

  • whynda
    Apr 4, 2005
      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, king pin
      <kingpin_kingpin2001@y...> wrote:
      > If you don't mind me asking Whynda, what process did you use? Dilute
      first, then add other ingredients? I'm curious how you maintained the
      > Txs,
      > KP

      G'day Kingpin
      yep, diluted it first to the required strenth, about 25%, then used
      about 7 limes which I washed in detergent and warm water with a soft
      scrubbing brush. I rinsed the washed limes and dried them then zested
      them using a tool I found in a kitchen appliance shop called a
      "Microplane", a thing sort of like a surform file but a lot sharper.
      Because the strength was down to 25% it took longer to extract all the
      flavours and colours. At no time was the breew ever cloudy. When it
      was filtered I added glucose syrup and sugar to taste ..... Cheers.
      hope this has been of help
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic