14934Re: Pot Still Temps with Corn Wash

    Mar 12, 2005
      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Rana Pipiens <ranawater@y...>
      wrote:
      > I guess what I'm asking is for information on using heads and
      tails for blending back into hearts for achieving some flavor in a
      corn whisky. In the past when I tried a pot still, the results
      seemed the same whatever the original sugar source (barley, corn,
      wheat, molasses, etc.)

      > ranawater <ranawater@y...> wrote:
      > I'm runnin a mashed corn wash with my still in pot still mode and
      was
      > wondering at about what temperature I should stop collecting
      tails.
      > Thanks, Rana

      That being the case Rana, collect hearts when the alcometer reads
      75%. Stop when the alcometer reads 60% (assuming adjustment for
      temp; also assuming a pot still).