12081Re: [new_distillers] Re: cooling water

  • Kim Walker
    Sep 30, 2004

      Well .... I have generated lots of information....

      I have a large pump, so head is not a problem..... I can pump 20 gal per
      min at 10 ft

      From the answers here, I have decided to get a larger tank, probably a
      50 gal plastic drum, they are $8 locally

      I have an aircooled condenser from a window air conditioning unit with a
      fan blowing through it and I can do the plastic bottles of ice....that
      should take care of the condenser.... I have not seen anyone say what
      the max temp of the condenser water should be but I suspect anything
      less than 35 to 40 deg C should do it....? (correct me if I am wrong in
      my assumption) .and I know that the condenser will require
      significantly less heat transfer when condensing alcohol than when
      condensing water ....

      I have built a forced reflux addition and I will probably use house
      water and run it to waste and not recirculate it.... for that because I
      found out that the forced reflux column releases a lot more heat than
      the condenser... ( I have done 2 runs with just water in the boiler to
      test it)..

      I have a bucket of wash bubbling and when I run it through I will post
      pics and information...

      I have built everything from information on this forum and I have made a
      few "interesting changes" of my own that I will share....

      thank you