12075Re: [new_distillers] cooling water

  • David W Lunsford
    Sep 29, 2004
      I, being a cheapskate, bought a 4.00$ kiddy swimming pool from wally world.
      I then built a cooling tower from scrap wood (similar to a staircase with
      all the steps sloping downward,) and put a 1/2 gallon plastic jug on its
      side on top of this. The jug has holes punched in it to allow water to
      "rain" out onto the steps, trickling down step to step, and air cooling. I
      simply run the output hose into the mouth of this bottle. The water runs
      into the bottle, out the holes on the step side, and trickles from step to
      step, as seen at power plants, etc. but smaller scale. I have to add a
      little water after a couple hours, but not much....Dave

      At 03:19 PM 9/29/04 -0000, you wrote:

      >to all................
      >
      >I have a few questions for this vast receptical of knowledge and
      >experience....
      >
      >For those of you that use a tank of water and a recirculating pump for
      >cooling the condenser,...
      >
      >1. what is the capacity of the tank ??
      >
      >2. how do you keep the tank cool ??
      >
      >3. do you have any recommendations ??
      >
      >4. is this the best system or is there a better solution ??
      >
      >5. what is the temperature of the recirculating water ??
      >
      >6. what is the volume of water that is pumped per minute ??
      >
      >thanks
      >
      >Kim

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Show all 22 messages in this topic