11609Re: Polishing spirit

  • barjarg2003
    Aug 9, 2004
      Guys, Guys, Guys, Polishing or filtering through carbon is best done
      at a rate of about 1/2 litre per hour (or less!!!) I can drink a full
      bottle in a sitting, and still go to work in the morning with a
      reasonably clear head - best result was 3/4 of a bottle (at 40%) in
      one sitting and blew only 0.03% on the Police breathalyser 6 hrs
      later - are some of you trying to get 10 or more litres of neutral
      spirit thru your carbon overnight ?

      Set up 2 or more filtering units, Slow the collection rate, NO MORE
      HEADACHES - Unless you are collecting spirit at below 78 or above 89
      deg C, in wich case you may be collecting nasty stuff
      (my observations only - works for me.)

      Distill in Peace

      Craig

      PS - Boil the crap out of your used carbon, dry in a medium oven,
      cool down and re-use (cheap eh!)