11364Re: [new_distillers] Re: Steel 44 Gallon Boiler.

  • david chadwick
    Jun 25, 2004
      Unfortunetly no. Been moving for a week and therre are a lot of boixes still around. I THINK they were called Rocky Mountain Bee. But I am not oathing to it. Haven't ran across their catalog in a while in all my junk ( she calls) . To me it's a data / reference library. Why is it that women don't get it? Is it that they're missing a gene, or are they missing a rib?, Oh wait a minute - that would be us MEN. Who would ever have thought that missing a rib could cause such a persistant headache?!
      Keyword search- Bee Keeping, and see what you get.

      GWN <GrtWhiteNorth56@...> wrote:
      Greetings,
      Would you have a URL for that unit??

      GWN

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, david chadwick
      <razorbackaviator@y...> wrote:
      > I have considered getting a 33 gallon SS unit, from all places -
      bee keepers supply catalog. About 100.00 $. Might look into it
      yourself. They even have a dump gate in the bottom ( for dispensing
      honey ).

      > deddkatt <deddkatt@y...> wrote:Sorry to backtrack so far, but I am
      catching up after a long hiatus
      > from computer use. The following is an abstract from an article
      > published in the British medical journal, LANCET. Thought you all
      > might find it worth considering when fabricating equipment. -DK
      >
      > "In a survey of 505 rural Zimbabweans, iron overload was found
      almost
      > exclusively among men who consumed traditional beer brewed in
      steel
      > drums. Among drinkers aged over 45 years, 23 of 111 men (21%) had
      > high serum ferritin and a transferrin saturation of over 70%, a
      > combination that indicates a risk of liver disease and other
      > pathological effects from excess body iron. Iron overload, which
      is
      > reported to be decreasing among urban Africans, may remain a
      public
      > health issue in rural areas where more than 80% of the people of
      sub-
      > Saharan Africa live."
      >
      > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Brain Solenoid"
      > <brain_solenoid@y...> wrote:
      > > After you get away from the fact that the steel boiler will rust
      and
      > > not only dump a lot of iron oxides into the boiling wash but
      also
      > be a
      > > real pain to clean afterwards, you are faced with the chore of
      > trying
      > > to remove the paint.
      > >
      > > The option of leaving the paint on is really not an option.
      Please
      > > ask yourself, "Would I eat this paint?", because that, in
      essence,
      > is
      > > what you'll be doing.
      > >
      > > The nature of the distillation process takes numerous chemicals
      in
      > the
      > > boiler and condenses them into another, more pure, solution. The
      > > paint chemicals will follow this path........especially if their
      > > volitile temperatures fall within the 178F degrees range.
      > >
      > > Please, do your self a favor and find another boiler. I know the
      > > steel barrel is cheap and/or free, but your health isn't.
      > >
      > > Regards,
      > > BS
      > >

      > > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "harisaki2004"
      > <ledaswan@i...>
      > > wrote:
      > > > Hi,
      > > >
      > > > I want to use a steel 44 gal drum as a boiler for a large
      still.
      > > > use several times for a stripping run.
      > > >
      > > > It is painted inside and the lid has an external rim clamp.
      > > > I know it would be perfect in SS, but dont have one.
      > > >
      > > > Does anyone see any isses with the resulting distillate. In
      the
      > > > worst case senario, what would happen if you had a rusty drum
      as
      > > > boiler?
      > > >
      > > > Hari.

      > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT