11341Length of tubing in the condenser coil

  • justin_dittmann
    Jun 23 5:09 PM
      Hi guys,
      I've appreciated reading all the info that you've places about
      here, it's been good reading, however I'm just after a bit of quick
      info, sorry if this has been asked before.

      I've been doing the rounds and reading as much as I can and
      searching over the archives, however I'd like a few opinions on the
      length of 1/4" copper tubing I'd need in my condenser. So far I
      haven't been able to gauge how long a length of 1/4" pipe to buy. As
      you know a coil (especially a double coil) takes up a deceptive
      amount of tubing so I'm looking for some comments as to the length
      of tubing to buy as I don't want to come up short with insufficient
      cooling capacity.

      I have collected all the parts to build a NS offset head still,
      using 2" of copper pipe in the column (1m) and condenser (whatever
      length I like as I haven't cut the pipe yet). My still will be