11227Re: Success With Absinthe

  • Peter Paddon
    Jun 7, 2004
      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "the1foy" <the1foy@y...> wrote:
      > Don't get me wrong, if you're happy with it, then more power to
      > you.

      Don't worry, I didn't think you were insulting my product :o) I just
      wanted you to know that while I will probably keep on experimenting
      (because that's something I can't resist), I was extremely happy with
      my first attempt.

      Perhaps I should also say that when I said a 'fistful' of star anise,
      I was being a little vague, and that I just put in an amount
      that 'felt' right - I have small hands, so a fistful isn't really
      that much anyway :o)

      Ultimately, I used the stuff I used because I was impatient and
      wanted to get my first distillation under my belt. I was lucky to get
      a first result that exceeded my expectations. Now my friends are
      volunteering to provide ingredients for me to continue my
      experiments, so I will have ample opportunity to refine my skills -
      and I plan to try other recipes too, such as creating a damiana
      liquer, though research for that is proving less straightforward.

      Thank you for your feedback - I really do appreciate it.

      Peter
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic