10122Re: [new_distillers] Problem Solving: Yeast

  • The Ooz
    Jan 5, 2004
      Hi Mark,

      thanks for the advice. I just kept the fermenter within the fermentation
      temp listed on the site of the manufacturer. Most of the time it remained at
      about 25C.

      I have a temperature-controlled fridge I use for fermenting my beer which
      gives me control to +40C so if you give me the specific temperature I can
      match it! I love these gadgets.

      I did use the 'starter' technique as you mention below, however only got a
      bit of bubbling for the next few days before it slowed right down again.

      Any ideas on what length the fermentation period should be with this yeast?
      Do you use this specific strain?

      Adam

      most wine yeast prefers around 20C ( there are