10120Re: Problem Solving: Yeast

  • cheeperdrunk
    Jan 5, 2004
      My wash was 25 litres with 6kg of sugar. I used fermaid K (50g) and
      EC1118
      (100g) and just pitched both together.

      next wash add 23 liters with 3 kg sugar warmed to 80f and mixed well,
      start the yeast in a glass or jar per. instructions. after the yeast
      has waited the 15 min. toss it into the wash. Stop and cover. after
      12-24 hours open and stir, after about 5-7 days add 3 kg sugar to 2
      liters of warm water and toss in and mix for a total of 25 liters
      only about 30 gm of ec1118 is needed. and 1 tsp. of fermax per. 3
      liters make sure all is well mixed

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "The Ooz" <theooz@h...> wrote:
      > I'm trying to problem solve my use of EC1118 Yeast.
      >
      > Although I was successful in using a starter, and the fermentation
      certainly
      > started, activity in the wash declined slowly over time before
      being almost
      > non-existant.
      >
      > Some people have mentioned the use of a yeast and fermaid K is
      enough to get
      > to the magic 990 mark, however I haven't found that to be correct
      in my
      > case.
      >
      > My wash was 25 litres with 6kg of sugar. I used fermaid K (50g) and
      EC1118
      > (100g) and just pitched both together.
      >
      > After 2 weeks the specific gravity is 1050 so not much has happened.
      >
      > One thing which may have contributed to the demise was that the
      yeast was
      > left in my letterbox for almost an entire day around the 38 degrees
      C mark.
      > So maybe some of most of the yeast was killed (my poor babies)
      hence lack of
      > fermentation.
      >
      > Any suggestions or comments greatly appreciated.
      >

      > Adam

      > Protect your inbox from harmful viruses with new ninemsn Premium.
      Click here
      > http://ninemsn.com.au/premium/landing.asp
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic