Re: AI-GEOSTATS: Neural networks

  • Edzer J. Pebesma
    Message 1 of 4 , May 7 2:00 AM
      R, an open source implementation of S has the function/library nnet,
      written by
      Brian Ripley, author of a book on Neural Networks. I think it only
      covers single-layer neural networks.

      It's free: http://www.r-project.org/
      --
      Edzer

      Tomislav Malvić wrote:

      > Dear ai-geostats list-members,
      >
      > Please, does anybody know for any software (public of commercial)
      > based on Neural Network algorithms and applied in hydrocarbon
      > reservoir characterisation/reserve estimation? My goal is to find and
      > apply such program/algorithm on the same input set which I analysed
      > with geostatistics tools (kriging, cokriging) and get lower estimation
      > error in spatial distribution of data. Also, I am interested for some
      > theoretical papers or books where are explained modifications of basic
      > neural algorithms (networks) when it is applied in petroleum geology,
      > as well as for case studies.
      >
      > Also, I found one very good example and public software, based on NN,
      > at pages www.luffdoeproject.com/linksframeset.htm
      > <http://www.luffdoeproject.com/linksframeset.htm>

    • Paul and Deidre Taylor
      Message 2 of 4 , May 7 11:37 AM
        Tomislav; I've had good results from a product called aiNet, written by some math whiz neighbors to you in Slovenia. I've used it to predict facies and permeability in carbonate systems with good success. I like aiNet because it's really simple. You do not have to spend lots of time constructing nodes or training the network. Plus, it's pretty cheap (free to try, $49 to register). You can also get fancy and use the included dll library to link it to other programs if you desire. For more, go here:

        http://www.ainet-sp.si/

        Regards,

        Paul Taylor
        Senior Reservoir Engineer, BP
        Please, does anybody know for any software (public of commercial) based on Neural Network algorithms and applied in hydrocarbon reservoir characterisation/reserve estimation? My goal is to find and apply such program/algorithm on the same input set which I analysed with geostatistics tools (kriging, cokriging) and get lower estimation error in spatial distribution of data. Also, I am interested for some theoretical papers or books where are explained modifications of basic neural algorithms (networks) when it is applied in petroleum geology, as well as for case studies.

        Also, I found one very good example and public software, based on NN, at pages www.luffdoeproject.com/linksframeset.htm

        My best regards,

        Tomislav

        Dr. Tomislav Malvic, reservoir geologist
        INA-Oil Industry Plc. (Naftaplin)
        Subiceva 29, HR-10000 Zagreb, CROATIA
        Tel. +385 1 459 2288
        Fax +385 1 464 0860