Re: [AI-GEOSTATS: Hello and ]

  • Gregoire Dubois
    Message 1 of 1 , May 7 12:44 AM
      Dear Beatrice,

      the AI in the name AI-GEOSTATS does not stand for Artificial Intelligence but
      for Arc/INFO (a popular GIS). Although the list is not restricted since a long
      time to this GIS only, the name was kept for historical reasons.

      Anyway, machine learning algorithms, fuzzy logic etc. are of course welcome on
      the list as long their use are discussed in the frame of spatial data
      analysis.

      Good luck for your PhD.

      Gregoire

      PS: a useful reference is probably the following book

      Soft Computing for Reservoir Characterization and Modeling

      (Studies in Fuzziness and Soft Computing)

      Editors: Patrick Wong, F. Aminzadeh and M. Nikravesh
      Publisher: Physica Verlag (January 2002)
      ISBN: 3790814210

      You could also have a look at Mikhail Kanevski's publications (many reprints
      are downloadable)

      http://www.ibrae.ac.ru/~mkanev/publicat/all.html