AI-GEOSTATS: S+ versus Arcview extentinos for spatial analysis

  • Afshartous, David
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 29, 2003
      All,

      I have both S+ and Arcview 8.3 and am considering their
      respective extensions for spatial analysis.
      I have also downloaded the spatial statistics freeware for
      Venables & Ripley's Modern Applied Statitics with S book.

      I have event data with lat/long coordinates and
      various variables per event. I would like to divide the geographic
      region into various grid schemes and analyse the data separately
      within the grids. Eventually I would also like to investigate the
      time dimension as well, and possibly simulate events according to a
      space-time stochastic process.

      Any suggestions?

      cheers,
      David Afshartous