AI-GEOSTATS: Nugget effect and Surfer 8 (2)

  • Gregoire Dubois
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 10, 2003
      A short update of the information I posted recently on
      Surfer 8 and the use of the nugget effect:

      The problem with the nugget effect was confirmed by the developer:

      the problem is that the nugget effect is not taken into account in the
      cross-validation statistics when the "No Search" option is chosen. In other
      words, you can set any value for the nugget effect, you nevertheless always
      get the same residuals with the 'No Search' option.

      The developers are now working on it apparently and I assume a patch will be
      released soon.

      Best regards,

      Gregoire