AI-GEOSTATS: Nugget effect and Surfer 8 (2)
- A short update of the information I posted recently on
Surfer 8 and the use of the nugget effect:
The problem with the nugget effect was confirmed by the developer:
the problem is that the nugget effect is not taken into account in the
cross-validation statistics when the "No Search" option is chosen. In other
words, you can set any value for the nugget effect, you nevertheless always
get the same residuals with the 'No Search' option.
The developers are now working on it apparently and I assume a patch will be
* To post a message to the list, send it to ai-geostats@...
* As a general service to the users, please remember to post a summary of any useful responses to your questions.
* To unsubscribe, send an email to majordomo@... with no subject and "unsubscribe ai-geostats" followed by "end" on the next line in the message body. DO NOT SEND Subscribe/Unsubscribe requests to the list
* Support to the list is provided at http://www.ai-geostats.org