AI-GEOSTATS: border effect?

  • Gregoire Dubois
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 21, 2003
      Dear members,

      analysing a set of data, in which positive values, located in the middle of
      the investigated area, are surrounded by null values, I obtained non- zero
      values outside of the investigated area (what I called here a "border
      effect"). My variogram is a simple exponential model with no nugget effect (a
      spherical one generates the same border effect) and I can't find any
      reasonable explanation of this 'problem'. Any hints ?

      Thanks for any help,

      Best regards,

      Gregoire