AI-GEOSTATS: Novel Interpolation Method

  • Ben Fang
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 14, 2003
      To those who are interested in "interpolation" for any dimensions (1D, 2D, 3D,......). We have good news to you.

      To date, there are no existing publications regarding interpolation methods that can be deduced analytically and extended easily to arbitrary dimensions. In fact, there is no publication for interpolation greater than 5-dimension. Based on the standard Monte-Carlo method as well as the Dirac delta function, we are able to "derive" an interpolation formulation which is good in any dimension. Please check our site for more info and demo at: http://www.fanginc.com/main.htm

      Our interpolation method can also be used in non-Cartesian space, e.g. spherical and cylindrical 3D.

      Feedback is welcome.

      Dr. Ben Fang
      FANG, INC.
      fanginc@...