AI-GEOSTATS: GIS and digital contour map

  • Christophe Z Guilmoto
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 8, 2003
      Ercan,
      If you worked with a GIS like MapInfo, you can create contour map with
      Vertical Mapper ( a software that does kriging and other stuff) from grid
      maps and work with them as any other layer.

      ArcView with Spatial Analysist dos about the same, but it is far less
      flexible as far as kriging is concerned.

      Surfer is another option.

      Best

      CZG

      >Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 09:53:21 -0800 (PST)
      >From: Ercan Yesilirmak <ercanyesilirmak@...>
      >Subject: AI-GEOSTATS: digital contour map
      >To: ai-geostats@...
      >Sender: ai-geostats-list@...
      >
      >Dear list members
      >
      >As far as I know, contour maps produced by
      >geostatistical softwares are as ficture in gif, bmp,
      >jpg etc. format.
      >Is there any geostatistical software which produces
      >contour map in digital format, which enable us to
      >overlap it as a layer over another map?
      >
      >Reagrds
      >Ercan Yesilirmak

      >Yahoo! Tax Center - forms, calculators, tips, more
      >http://taxes.yahoo.com/
      >
      >--
      >* As a general service to the users, please remember to post a summary of
      >any useful responses to your questions.

      Christophe Z. Guilmoto
      Demographe, IRD
      CEIAS-EHESS