Re: AI-GEOSTATS: digital contour map

  • Martin Roseveare
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 7, 2003
      Surfer does. Create the contour plot and export it as a DXF. Surfer 8 also
      includes an option for export as 3D DXF which would allow the contour plot
      to be visualised as a 3D model in some software.

      Martin
      ______________________________________

      ArchaeoPhysica Ltd.
      Reconnaissance & Geophysics for Archaeology

      Telephone: +44 (0) 7050 369789
      E-mail: mail@...
      Website: http://www.archaeophysica.co.uk
      ______________________________________

      This e-mail is intended only for the addressee
      named above and may contain confidential or
      privileged information. If you receive this e-mail
      by mistake please advise the sender and destroy
      it without further disclosure of its content.

      Unless otherwise stated no opinions expressed in
      this e-mail should be regarded as representative of
      any policy of ArchaeoPhysica Ltd.
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 7, 2003
        You can create a grids in any geostatistical software and import to surfer 7
        or 8. then you can create a contour and export it using the option
        map/contour/export contour it export a 3d DXF file.

        In the same Surfer you can overlay any maps.

        Other possibility is to use a GIS program, geo-referencing the images
        create you can overlay with other maps including 3D DEM or wireframe.

        I hop it is useful for you Ercan

        King regards

        Adrian.
        > As far as I know, contour maps produced by
        > geostatistical softwares are as ficture in gif, bmp,
        > jpg etc. format.
        > Is there any geostatistical software which produces
        > contour map in digital format, which enable us to
        > overlap it as a layer over another map?
        >
        > Reagrds
        > Ercan Yesilirmak

        > http://taxes.yahoo.com/

        any useful responses to your questions.

      • H..Sebnem Duzgun
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 8, 2003
          -------------------
          Dear list members

          As far as I know, contour maps produced by
          geostatistical softwares are as ficture in gif, bmp,
          jpg etc. format.
          Is there any geostatistical software which produces
          contour map in digital format, which enable us to
          overlap it as a layer over another map?

          Reagrds
          Ercan Yesilirmak

          http://taxes.yahoo.com/

          * As a general service to the users, please remember to post a summary
          list

          Dr. H Sebnem Duzgun
          Lecturer
          Geodetic and Geographic Information Technologies
          Middle East Technical University
          ODTU Insaat Muh. Su Kaynaklari Lab.
          K4-123 06531 Ankara Turkey
          Tel:+90-312-2105415
          Fax:+90-312-2101002

        • H..Sebnem Duzgun
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 8, 2003
            The geostatistical extension of ArcGIS does this.It creates a
            geostatistical layer which can be converted to a raster or a vector
            layer.
            Best regards