AI-GEOSTATS: digital contour map

  • Ercan Yesilirmak
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 7, 2003
      Dear list members

      As far as I know, contour maps produced by
      geostatistical softwares are as ficture in gif, bmp,
      jpg etc. format.
      Is there any geostatistical software which produces
      contour map in digital format, which enable us to
      overlap it as a layer over another map?

      Reagrds
      Ercan Yesilirmak

      http://taxes.yahoo.com/

    • Martin Roseveare
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 7, 2003
        Surfer does. Create the contour plot and export it as a DXF. Surfer 8 also
        includes an option for export as 3D DXF which would allow the contour plot
        to be visualised as a 3D model in some software.

        Martin
        ______________________________________

        ArchaeoPhysica Ltd.
        Reconnaissance & Geophysics for Archaeology

        Telephone: +44 (0) 7050 369789
        E-mail: mail@...
        Website: http://www.archaeophysica.co.uk
        ______________________________________

        This e-mail is intended only for the addressee
        named above and may contain confidential or
        privileged information. If you receive this e-mail
        by mistake please advise the sender and destroy
        it without further disclosure of its content.

        Unless otherwise stated no opinions expressed in
        this e-mail should be regarded as representative of
        any policy of ArchaeoPhysica Ltd.
        > As far as I know, contour maps produced by
        > geostatistical softwares are as ficture in gif, bmp,
        > jpg etc. format.
        > Is there any geostatistical software which produces
        > contour map in digital format, which enable us to
        > overlap it as a layer over another map?
        >
        > Reagrds
        > Ercan Yesilirmak

        > http://taxes.yahoo.com/

        any useful responses to your questions.

      • Adrian Martínez Vargas
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 7, 2003
          You can create a grids in any geostatistical software and import to surfer 7
          or 8. then you can create a contour and export it using the option
          map/contour/export contour it export a 3d DXF file.

          In the same Surfer you can overlay any maps.

          Other possibility is to use a GIS program, geo-referencing the images
          create you can overlay with other maps including 3D DEM or wireframe.

          I hop it is useful for you Ercan

          King regards

          Adrian.
          > As far as I know, contour maps produced by
          > geostatistical softwares are as ficture in gif, bmp,
          > jpg etc. format.
          > Is there any geostatistical software which produces
          > contour map in digital format, which enable us to
          > overlap it as a layer over another map?
          >
          > Reagrds
          > Ercan Yesilirmak

          > http://taxes.yahoo.com/

          any useful responses to your questions.

        • H..Sebnem Duzgun
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 8, 2003
            -------------------
            Dear list members

            As far as I know, contour maps produced by
            geostatistical softwares are as ficture in gif, bmp,
            jpg etc. format.
            Is there any geostatistical software which produces
            contour map in digital format, which enable us to
            overlap it as a layer over another map?

            Reagrds
            Ercan Yesilirmak

            http://taxes.yahoo.com/

            * As a general service to the users, please remember to post a summary
            list

            Dr. H Sebnem Duzgun
            Lecturer
            Geodetic and Geographic Information Technologies
            Middle East Technical University
            ODTU Insaat Muh. Su Kaynaklari Lab.
            K4-123 06531 Ankara Turkey
            Tel:+90-312-2105415
            Fax:+90-312-2101002

          • H..Sebnem Duzgun
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 8, 2003
              The geostatistical extension of ArcGIS does this.It creates a
              geostatistical layer which can be converted to a raster or a vector
              layer.
              Best regards