AI-GEOSTATS:GSLIB question

  • Dave Rennie
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 7, 2003
      Hi All:

      Is anyone out there aware of a problem that may exit with GSLIB'S gamv
      when generating semi-variograms in the vertical direction? I've noticed
      that the results kicked out by gamv vary dramatically depending on what
      azimuth you use. Theoretically all variograms oriented vertically
      should be the same regardless of the azimuth shouldn't they?

      DR

      David W. Rennie, P.Eng.,
      Roscoe Postle Associates Inc.,
      Suite 2000, 1066 West Hastings Street,
      Vancouver, British Columbia
      CANADA V6E 3X2

      Phone: 1-604-601-8227
      Fax: 1-604-669-3844

      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 7, 2003
        Hi Dave,

        I have experienced similar problems.
        You are right that the computation of vertical semivariograms
        shouldn't be affected by azimuth in the horizontal dimension.
        If I remember well, you must make sure
        to specify non-zero bandwiths and angular tolerances.
        Let me know if it helps.

        Regards,

        Pierre

        Dr. Pierre Goovaerts