RE: [AI-GEOSTATS: FW: Public Domain Data]

  • daniel guibal
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 4, 2003
      Gregoire,

      Thanks for reminding us of this. I had been interested in finding the
      original topographic data (DEM) from which the dataset was built. This DEM
      is described in the Appendix A of the book, but I was unable to locate it on
      the WEB. I could only find a 1 degree USGS DEM Model, at 1/250000, but with
      a 3-arc seconds spacing within a profile. As a consequence there are 1201
      points per profile, and 1201 profiles which is not consistent with the info
      provided in the book (1300 profiles with 1500 points per profile..).
      So, if somebody has or knows where the original file can be located, I'd
      like to hear about it.

      Many thanks

      Daniel Guibal, FAusIMM(CP), MMICA, MGAA, Min.Eng.
      Technical Director
      SRK Consulting
      (Geoval)
      SRK Consulting are Australasia's
      leading integrated science and engineering consultancy.
      visit our web site===> www.srk.com.au
      Please note SRK Perth office as of 18 January 2003
      has moved to:
      1064 Hay St
      West Perth 6005
      ph: +61 (0) 8 9288 2000
      fax: +61 (0) 8 9288 2001
      mob: +61 (0) 409 382 427
      PO Box 943 West Perth
      Western Australia 6872

      IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER AND WARNING - This e-mail and any files transmitted
      with it are confidential and are only for the use of the person to whom they
      are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient you have received this
      e-mail in error. Any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, copying or
      dealing in any way whatsoever with this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If
      you have received this e-mail in error, please reply immediately by way of
      advice to us, and delete the e-mail. It is the addressee/recipient duty to
      virus scan and otherwise test the information provided before loading onto
      any computer system. SRK Consulting does not warrant that the information is
      free of a virus or any other defect or error, and accepts no liability for
      any materials transmitted. Any views expressed in this message are those of
      the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to
      be the views of SRK Consulting.

      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 6, 2003
        GOTO: www.mms.gov

        Allan C. Harris - Environmental Engineer
        Operations Assurance Services (OAS)
        US Department of Energy
        Fernald Environmental Management Project
        work 513.648.3184; fax 513.648.3077
        Email Allan.Harris@...

        How to get full Oil and Mining data information accompanied with geological
        information of the reservoir or mine, for educational purpose.

        > Thanks for reminding us of this. I had been interested in finding the
        > original topographic data (DEM) from which the dataset was built. This DEM
        > is described in the Appendix A of the book, but I was unable to locate it
        on
        > the WEB. I could only find a 1 degree USGS DEM Model, at 1/250000, but
        with
        > a 3-arc seconds spacing within a profile. As a consequence there are 1201
        > points per profile, and 1201 profiles which is not consistent with the
        info
        > provided in the book (1300 profiles with 1500 points per profile..).
        > So, if somebody has or knows where the original file can be located, I'd
        > like to hear about it.
        >
        > Many thanks
        >

        > Daniel Guibal, FAusIMM(CP), MMICA, MGAA, Min.Eng.
        > Technical Director
        > SRK Consulting
        > (Geoval)
        > SRK Consulting are Australasia's
        > leading integrated science and engineering consultancy.
        > visit our web site===> www.srk.com.au
        > Please note SRK Perth office as of 18 January 2003
        > has moved to:
        > 1064 Hay St
        > West Perth 6005
        > ph: +61 (0) 8 9288 2000
        > fax: +61 (0) 8 9288 2001
        > mob: +61 (0) 409 382 427
        > PO Box 943 West Perth
        > Western Australia 6872
        >

        > IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER AND WARNING - This e-mail and any files transmitted
        > with it are confidential and are only for the use of the person to whom
        they
        > are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient you have received
        this
        > e-mail in error. Any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, copying or
        > dealing in any way whatsoever with this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If
        > you have received this e-mail in error, please reply immediately by way of
        > advice to us, and delete the e-mail. It is the addressee/recipient duty to
        > virus scan and otherwise test the information provided before loading onto
        > any computer system. SRK Consulting does not warrant that the information
        is
        > free of a virus or any other defect or error, and accepts no liability for
        > any materials transmitted. Any views expressed in this message are those
        of
        > the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to
        > be the views of SRK Consulting.

        the views of the company.