Re: [AI-GEOSTATS: FW: Public Domain Data]

  • Gregoire Dubois
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 3, 2003
      Where else than on the ai-geostats web site ?

      http://www.ai-geostats.org/resources/Data/walker.dat

      Best regards,

      Gregoire

      "Ian Hunt [KLP BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT]" <Ian.Hunt@...> wrote:

      > Dear list-members,
      >
      > I need links to download the full Walker Lake Data Set as it is used in
      Applied Geostatistics,1989 by Isaaks & Srivastava. Any ideas or suggestions
      to links would be appreciated.

      > Thanks
      >
      > Ian

    • daniel guibal
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 4, 2003
        Gregoire,

        Thanks for reminding us of this. I had been interested in finding the
        original topographic data (DEM) from which the dataset was built. This DEM
        is described in the Appendix A of the book, but I was unable to locate it on
        the WEB. I could only find a 1 degree USGS DEM Model, at 1/250000, but with
        a 3-arc seconds spacing within a profile. As a consequence there are 1201
        points per profile, and 1201 profiles which is not consistent with the info
        provided in the book (1300 profiles with 1500 points per profile..).
        So, if somebody has or knows where the original file can be located, I'd
        like to hear about it.

        Many thanks

        Daniel Guibal, FAusIMM(CP), MMICA, MGAA, Min.Eng.
        Technical Director
        SRK Consulting
        (Geoval)
        SRK Consulting are Australasia's
        leading integrated science and engineering consultancy.
        visit our web site===> www.srk.com.au
        Please note SRK Perth office as of 18 January 2003
        has moved to:
        1064 Hay St
        West Perth 6005
        ph: +61 (0) 8 9288 2000
        fax: +61 (0) 8 9288 2001
        mob: +61 (0) 409 382 427
        PO Box 943 West Perth
        Western Australia 6872

        IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER AND WARNING - This e-mail and any files transmitted
        with it are confidential and are only for the use of the person to whom they
        are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient you have received this
        e-mail in error. Any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, copying or
        dealing in any way whatsoever with this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If
        you have received this e-mail in error, please reply immediately by way of
        advice to us, and delete the e-mail. It is the addressee/recipient duty to
        virus scan and otherwise test the information provided before loading onto
        any computer system. SRK Consulting does not warrant that the information is
        free of a virus or any other defect or error, and accepts no liability for
        any materials transmitted. Any views expressed in this message are those of
        the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to
        be the views of SRK Consulting.

        Where else than on the ai-geostats web site ?

        http://www.ai-geostats.org/resources/Data/walker.dat

        Best regards,

        Gregoire

        "Ian Hunt [KLP BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT]" <Ian.Hunt@...> wrote:

        > Dear list-members,
        >
        > I need links to download the full Walker Lake Data Set as it is used in
        Applied Geostatistics,1989 by Isaaks & Srivastava. Any ideas or suggestions
        to links would be appreciated.

        > Thanks
        >
        > Ian

        any useful responses to your questions.

      • Adrian Martínez Vargas
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 6, 2003
          How to get full Oil and Mining data information accompanied with geological
          information of the reservoir or mine, for educational purpose.

          > Thanks for reminding us of this. I had been interested in finding the
          > original topographic data (DEM) from which the dataset was built. This DEM
          > is described in the Appendix A of the book, but I was unable to locate it
          on
          > the WEB. I could only find a 1 degree USGS DEM Model, at 1/250000, but
          with
          > a 3-arc seconds spacing within a profile. As a consequence there are 1201
          > points per profile, and 1201 profiles which is not consistent with the
          info
          > provided in the book (1300 profiles with 1500 points per profile..).
          > So, if somebody has or knows where the original file can be located, I'd
          > like to hear about it.
          >
          > Many thanks
          >

          > Daniel Guibal, FAusIMM(CP), MMICA, MGAA, Min.Eng.
          > Technical Director
          > SRK Consulting
          > (Geoval)
          > SRK Consulting are Australasia's
          > leading integrated science and engineering consultancy.
          > visit our web site===> www.srk.com.au
          > Please note SRK Perth office as of 18 January 2003
          > has moved to:
          > 1064 Hay St
          > West Perth 6005
          > ph: +61 (0) 8 9288 2000
          > fax: +61 (0) 8 9288 2001
          > mob: +61 (0) 409 382 427
          > PO Box 943 West Perth
          > Western Australia 6872
          >

          > IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER AND WARNING - This e-mail and any files transmitted
          > with it are confidential and are only for the use of the person to whom
          they
          > are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient you have received
          this
          > e-mail in error. Any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, copying or
          > dealing in any way whatsoever with this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If
          > you have received this e-mail in error, please reply immediately by way of
          > advice to us, and delete the e-mail. It is the addressee/recipient duty to
          > virus scan and otherwise test the information provided before loading onto
          > any computer system. SRK Consulting does not warrant that the information
          is
          > free of a virus or any other defect or error, and accepts no liability for
          > any materials transmitted. Any views expressed in this message are those
          of
          > the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to
          > be the views of SRK Consulting.

        • Harris, Allan
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 6, 2003
            GOTO: www.mms.gov

            Allan C. Harris - Environmental Engineer
            Operations Assurance Services (OAS)
            US Department of Energy
            Fernald Environmental Management Project
            work 513.648.3184; fax 513.648.3077
            Email Allan.Harris@...

            How to get full Oil and Mining data information accompanied with geological
            information of the reservoir or mine, for educational purpose.

            > Thanks for reminding us of this. I had been interested in finding the
            > original topographic data (DEM) from which the dataset was built. This DEM
            > is described in the Appendix A of the book, but I was unable to locate it
            on
            > the WEB. I could only find a 1 degree USGS DEM Model, at 1/250000, but
            with
            > a 3-arc seconds spacing within a profile. As a consequence there are 1201
            > points per profile, and 1201 profiles which is not consistent with the
            info
            > provided in the book (1300 profiles with 1500 points per profile..).
            > So, if somebody has or knows where the original file can be located, I'd
            > like to hear about it.
            >
            > Many thanks
            >

            > Daniel Guibal, FAusIMM(CP), MMICA, MGAA, Min.Eng.
            > Technical Director
            > SRK Consulting
            > (Geoval)
            > SRK Consulting are Australasia's
            > leading integrated science and engineering consultancy.
            > visit our web site===> www.srk.com.au
            > Please note SRK Perth office as of 18 January 2003
            > has moved to:
            > 1064 Hay St
            > West Perth 6005
            > ph: +61 (0) 8 9288 2000
            > fax: +61 (0) 8 9288 2001
            > mob: +61 (0) 409 382 427
            > PO Box 943 West Perth
            > Western Australia 6872
            >

            > IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER AND WARNING - This e-mail and any files transmitted
            > with it are confidential and are only for the use of the person to whom
            they
            > are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient you have received
            this
            > e-mail in error. Any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, copying or
            > dealing in any way whatsoever with this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If
            > you have received this e-mail in error, please reply immediately by way of
            > advice to us, and delete the e-mail. It is the addressee/recipient duty to
            > virus scan and otherwise test the information provided before loading onto
            > any computer system. SRK Consulting does not warrant that the information
            is
            > free of a virus or any other defect or error, and accepts no liability for
            > any materials transmitted. Any views expressed in this message are those
            of
            > the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to
            > be the views of SRK Consulting.

            the views of the company.