AI-GEOSTATS: prediction- or confidence intervals

  • Antje Müller
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 26 4:48 AM
      Dear list-members,
      does the the term "confidence interval" in kriging theory correspond
      with the term "confidence interval" in general linear regression?
      More detailed: Is the confidence interval of a kriging estimate
      actually an interval that covers the unknown mean at the point of
      interest? Or shouldn't you rather take it as a "prediction interval" in
      terms of linear regression.
      My problem is that I don`t know if I am allowed to apply theory on
      confidence intervals of linear regression estimates to kriging estimates
      or if I should rather use the theory on prediction intervals.

      I' d be thankful for any answer or hint.

      Yours, Antje Müller