AI-GEOSTATS: [ surface fitting in geospatial context ] [15/02/2003 - 10:41 GMT]

  • Aldo Solari [APS]
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 15, 2003
      Dear all, I wonder whether anyone is aware of any software
      package (other than TableCurve3D) or FORTRAN 90 libraries which
      will do surface fittings returning not only some graphical
      interpolation output but a quantification of the goodness-of-fit.

      One of tasks I have ahead is the modeling of the temporal
      evolution and dynamical "system behaviour" of
      (oceanographic-biological) "structures". Thank you.

      W/best wishes,

      ----
      aldo.solari@... (fisheries biologist)
      Home page, www.ccbb.ulpgc.es/fish-ecology/solaris
      ----
      Saturday, February 15, 2003, 10:42:01 [Canary Islands, on GMT].
      ----

    • Martin Roseveare
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 15, 2003
        Surfer 8 by Golden Software, Colorado US, offers a wide range of exact and
        inexact interpolators for surface fitting and includes reporting of goodness
        of fit and residuals. It includes kriging with option for input of a
        variogram.

        regards,

        Martin
        ______________________________________

        ArchaeoPhysica Ltd.
        Reconnaissance & Geophysics for Archaeology

        Telephone: +44 (0) 7050 369789
        E-mail: mail@...
        Website: http://www.archaeophysica.co.uk
        ______________________________________

        This e-mail is intended only for the addressee
        named above and may contain confidential or
        privileged information. If you receive this e-mail
        by mistake please advise the sender and destroy
        it without further disclosure of its content.

        Unless otherwise stated no opinions expressed in
        this e-mail should be regarded as representative of
        any policy of ArchaeoPhysica Ltd.
        > Dear all, I wonder whether anyone is aware of any software
        > package (other than TableCurve3D) or FORTRAN 90 libraries which
        > will do surface fittings returning not only some graphical
        > interpolation output but a quantification of the goodness-of-fit.
        >
        > One of tasks I have ahead is the modeling of the temporal
        > evolution and dynamical "system behaviour" of
        > (oceanographic-biological) "structures". Thank you.
        >
        > W/best wishes,
        >
        > ----
        > aldo.solari@... (fisheries biologist)
        > Home page, www.ccbb.ulpgc.es/fish-ecology/solaris
        > ----
        > Saturday, February 15, 2003, 10:42:01 [Canary Islands, on GMT].
        > ----

        any useful responses to your questions.