Re: AI-GEOSTATS: Estimation of the cross semivariogram

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 14, 2003
      Soeren

      What you have here is sometimes known as a co-located
      cross semi-variogram and only pairs of samples with
      both variables can be included in its calculation.

      There is a non-co-located semi-variogram (see
      Cressie's book for example) which looks like

      gamma(h)=1/2N(h)*sum((z_i-y_j^2)

      This works best if the variables are standardised
      (same mean, same standard deviation) and uses all of
      the samples with either variable.

      Isobel Clark
      http://geoecosse.bizland.com/news.html

      Dear list