Re: AI-GEOSTATS: AI-GEOSTATS

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2000
      > Multiple simulations following the same path,
      > co-simulation and
      > indicator simulations are all implemented.
      Sounds really fast, which is an advantage but is't
      this outweighed by the fact that you have to follow
      the same path every time? I understood from the
      literature that one should vary the path every time
      for a valid siulation.

      Since we are all putting out adverts here, maybe I
      should mention that EcoSSe does sequential gaussian
      simulation and that we speed up the simulation by (a)
      dividing the whole region into subregions and
      randomising within the subregion and (b) writing out
      intermediate grid files for "re-input" for people who
      want to get progressively finer. It's not free, of
      course, ($US1,000) but it is constantly being updated
      to include features the users suggest.

      SGS is not in the demo, but you can check it out
      anyway at
      http://uk.geocities.com/drisobelclark/Ecosse_download.html

      We'll be covering SGS etc in Volume 2, Practical
      Geostatistics 2001 but don't hold your breath as it is
      likely to be mid-year before we get it finished. In
      the meantime, look out for the 350 page "Practical
      eostatistocs 2000: Answers to the Exercises" due out
      this month. Much much more than just "Q1:

      Isobel Clark