AI-GEOSTATS: Box-Cox back transform & clustered sampling

  • Chaosheng Zhang
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 14, 2003
      Dear all,

      I have two different questions:

      1. Following the discussions about back transformation for log-
      and normal score transformations, how about back transformation
      for Box-Cox or any other transformations?

      2. It seems that some people are in favour of using "clustered sampling"
      to reduce nugget effect. I am dubious about this practice. Since
      variogram is a global paramter, areas with clustered samples may be
      over-represented. Any comments?

      Cheers,

      Chaosheng
      Dr. Chaosheng Zhang