AI-GEOSTATS: Distribution of a plague

  • Francisco Jesús Moral García
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 11, 2003
      Dear list members,

      Now, I am studying the distribution of a plague (Helicoverpa armigera Hb.) in tomato parcels, using geostatistics techniques.

      I have got information related to the numbers of captures of the insect in each trap. All traps are regularly disposed in the considered parcel.

      So, I have, initially, discrete data, and I would like to get the continuous distribution or a map of the plague distribution in the parcels.

      I have a result, using ordinary punctual kriging and supposing that the variable is continuous, which it is not true.

      Can you tell me if it is a good way? if not, which is the correct way to get the distribution? Any reference about a similar work or any idea will be very appreciated.

      Thak you in advance

      Francisco Moral