Re: AI-GEOSTATS: Levy Flight

  • Syed Abdul Rahman Shibli
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 25, 2003
      On 25/1/03 10:23 PM, "Peter Bossew" <p.bossew@...> wrote:

      > Dear listers,
      >
      > I want to investigate the spatial properties of point patterns which can
      > possibly be described as results of Levy Flights, i.e. Brownian motion
      > with hyperbolically distributed path lengths. For this purpose I want to
      > simulate such patterns.

      Try this paper from Computers and Geosciences:

      TI: An efficient three-dimensional anisotropic fractional Brownian motion
      and truncated fractional Levy motion simulation algorithm based on
      successive random additions.

      AU: S. Lu, F.J. Molz, H.H. Liu
      SO: Computers & Geosciences v. 29, no.1, pp. 15-25.
      PY: 2003
      ftp://ftp.iamg.org/VOL29/v29-01-02.zip

      You can get it via anonymous FTP. Also do a search for papers from Lincoln
      Patterson at the CSIRO in Australia.

      Good luck.