Re: AI-GEOSTATS: spatial distr.

  • Edzer J. Pebesma
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 9, 2003
      I have a thesis in front of me called "Statistical sampling and modelling for
      cork
      oak and eucalyptus stands", written by Maria Joao Paulo. This may be
      interesting
      to you.

      Best regards,
      --
      Edzer

      > Janusz Szmyt wrote:
      >
      > Hello,
      >
      > My name is Janusz Szmyt.
      > I am looking for scientists who are interested in the spatial distribution of
      > trees within stands.
      >

      > Regards,
      > Janusz

    • Jörgen Wallerman
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 9, 2003
        Dear Mr Szmyt and list members,

        Maybe you can find what you need in any of these?

        Bellehumeur, C., and Legendre, P. 1998. Multiscale sources of variation in
        ecological variables: modeling spatial dispersion, elaborating sampling
        designs, Landscape Ecology, 13: 15-25.

        Fox, J.C., Ades, P.K., and Bi, H. 2001. Stochastic structure and
        individual-tree growth models, Forest Ecology and Management, 154: 261-276.

        Grushecky, S.T., and Fajvan, M.A. 1999. Comparison of hardwood stand
        structure after partial harvesting using intensive canopy maps and
        geostatistical techniques, Forest Ecology and Management, 114: 421-432.

        Heikkinen, J., and Arjas, E. 1999. Modeling a Poisson forest in variable
        elevations: a nonparametric Bayesian approach, Biometrics, 55(3): 738-745.

        Hytteborn, H., Packham, J.R., and Verwijst, T. 1987. Tree
        population-dynamics, stand structure and species composition in the montane
        virgin forest of Vallibäcken, northern Sweden, Vegetatio, 72(1), 3-19.

        Kuuluvainen, T., Penttinen, A., Leinonen, K., and Nygren, M. 1996.
        Statistical opportunities for comparing stand structural heterogeneity in
        managed and primeval forests: An example from boreal spruce forest in
        southern Finland, Silva Fennica, 30(2-3): 315-328.

        Kuuluvainen, T., Järvinen, E., Hokkanen, T.J., Rouvinen, S., and Heikkinen,
        K. 1998a. Structural heterogeneity and spatial autocorrelation in a natural
        mature Pinus sylvestris dominated forest, Ecography, 21: 159-174.

        Kuuluvainen, T., Syrjänen, K., and Kalliola, R. 1998b. Structure of a
        pristine Picea abies forest in northeastern Europe, Journal of vegetation
        science, 9: 563-574.

        Leemans, R. 1991. Canopy gaps and establishment patterns of spruce (Picea
        abies (L.) Karst.) in two old-growth coniferous forests in central Sweden,
        Vegetatio, 93(2): 157-165.

        Mast, J.N., and Veblen, T.T. 1999. Tree spatial patterns and stand
        development along the pine-grassland ecotone in the Colorado Front Range,
        Canadian Journal of Forest Research, 29: 575-584.

        Penttinen, A., Stoyan, D., and Henttonen, H.M. 1992. Marked point processes
        in forest statistics, Forest Science, 38(4): 806-824.

        Riiali, A., Penttinen, A., and Kuusinen, M. 2001. Bayesian mapping of
        lichens growing on trees, Biometrical journal, 43(6):717-736.

        Samra, J.S., Gill, H.S., and Bhatia, V.K. 1989. Spatial stochastic modeling
        of growth and forest resource evaluation, Forest Science, 35(3):663-676.

        Stendahl, J., 2001, Spatial aspects of forest and forest soil management.
        Doctoral thesis, Acta Universitatis Agriculturae Sueciae, Silvestria 199,
        Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Uppsala, Sweden.

        Ver Hoef, J.M., Cressie, N.A.C., and Glenn-Lewin, D.C. 1993. Spatial models
        for spatial statistics: some unification, Journal of Vegetation Science, 4:
        441-452.

        Wells, M.L., and Getis, A., 1999, The spatial characteristics of stand
        structure in Pinus Torreyana, Plant Ecology, 143:153-170.

        Best regards,

        Jörgen Wallerman
        Jörgen Wallerman, Ph D Student
        Remote Sensing Laboratory
        S901 83 UMEÅ
        Phone: +46 (0) 90 786 74 63
        Fax: +46 (0) 90 77 81 16

        > Hello,

        > My name is Janusz Szmyt.
        > I am looking for scientists who are interested in the spatial distribution
        of trees within stands.

        > Regards,
        > Janusz

        This message has been scanned by F-Secure
        Anti-Virus for Microsoft Exchange.