AI-GEOSTATS: spatial distr.

  • Janusz Szmyt
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 9, 2003
      Hello,

      My name is Janusz Szmyt.
      I am looking for scientists who are interested in the spatial distribution of trees within stands.

      Regards,
      Janusz

    • Edzer J. Pebesma
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 9, 2003
        I have a thesis in front of me called "Statistical sampling and modelling for
        cork
        oak and eucalyptus stands", written by Maria Joao Paulo. This may be
        interesting
        to you.

        Best regards,
        --
        Edzer

        > Janusz Szmyt wrote:
        >
        > Hello,
        >
        > My name is Janusz Szmyt.
        > I am looking for scientists who are interested in the spatial distribution of
        > trees within stands.
        >

        > Regards,
        > Janusz

      • Jörgen Wallerman
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 9, 2003
          Dear Mr Szmyt and list members,

          Maybe you can find what you need in any of these?

          Bellehumeur, C., and Legendre, P. 1998. Multiscale sources of variation in
          ecological variables: modeling spatial dispersion, elaborating sampling
          designs, Landscape Ecology, 13: 15-25.

          Fox, J.C., Ades, P.K., and Bi, H. 2001. Stochastic structure and
          individual-tree growth models, Forest Ecology and Management, 154: 261-276.

          Grushecky, S.T., and Fajvan, M.A. 1999. Comparison of hardwood stand
          structure after partial harvesting using intensive canopy maps and
          geostatistical techniques, Forest Ecology and Management, 114: 421-432.

          Heikkinen, J., and Arjas, E. 1999. Modeling a Poisson forest in variable
          elevations: a nonparametric Bayesian approach, Biometrics, 55(3): 738-745.

          Hytteborn, H., Packham, J.R., and Verwijst, T. 1987. Tree
          population-dynamics, stand structure and species composition in the montane
          virgin forest of Vallibäcken, northern Sweden, Vegetatio, 72(1), 3-19.

          Kuuluvainen, T., Penttinen, A., Leinonen, K., and Nygren, M. 1996.
          Statistical opportunities for comparing stand structural heterogeneity in
          managed and primeval forests: An example from boreal spruce forest in
          southern Finland, Silva Fennica, 30(2-3): 315-328.

          Kuuluvainen, T., Järvinen, E., Hokkanen, T.J., Rouvinen, S., and Heikkinen,
          K. 1998a. Structural heterogeneity and spatial autocorrelation in a natural
          mature Pinus sylvestris dominated forest, Ecography, 21: 159-174.

          Kuuluvainen, T., Syrjänen, K., and Kalliola, R. 1998b. Structure of a
          pristine Picea abies forest in northeastern Europe, Journal of vegetation
          science, 9: 563-574.

          Leemans, R. 1991. Canopy gaps and establishment patterns of spruce (Picea
          abies (L.) Karst.) in two old-growth coniferous forests in central Sweden,
          Vegetatio, 93(2): 157-165.

          Mast, J.N., and Veblen, T.T. 1999. Tree spatial patterns and stand
          development along the pine-grassland ecotone in the Colorado Front Range,
          Canadian Journal of Forest Research, 29: 575-584.

          Penttinen, A., Stoyan, D., and Henttonen, H.M. 1992. Marked point processes
          in forest statistics, Forest Science, 38(4): 806-824.

          Riiali, A., Penttinen, A., and Kuusinen, M. 2001. Bayesian mapping of
          lichens growing on trees, Biometrical journal, 43(6):717-736.

          Samra, J.S., Gill, H.S., and Bhatia, V.K. 1989. Spatial stochastic modeling
          of growth and forest resource evaluation, Forest Science, 35(3):663-676.

          Stendahl, J., 2001, Spatial aspects of forest and forest soil management.
          Doctoral thesis, Acta Universitatis Agriculturae Sueciae, Silvestria 199,
          Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Uppsala, Sweden.

          Ver Hoef, J.M., Cressie, N.A.C., and Glenn-Lewin, D.C. 1993. Spatial models
          for spatial statistics: some unification, Journal of Vegetation Science, 4:
          441-452.

          Wells, M.L., and Getis, A., 1999, The spatial characteristics of stand
          structure in Pinus Torreyana, Plant Ecology, 143:153-170.

          Best regards,

          Jörgen Wallerman
          Jörgen Wallerman, Ph D Student
          Remote Sensing Laboratory
          S901 83 UMEÅ
          Phone: +46 (0) 90 786 74 63
          Fax: +46 (0) 90 77 81 16

          > Hello,

          > My name is Janusz Szmyt.
          > I am looking for scientists who are interested in the spatial distribution
          of trees within stands.

          > Regards,
          > Janusz

          This message has been scanned by F-Secure
          Anti-Virus for Microsoft Exchange.