Re: AI-GEOSTATS: Original Covariogram paper.

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 6, 2003
      Colin

      Thanks for the info. I knew that Matheron had
      considerable correspodence with Gandin in Russia, who
      was working in meteorology but have no references to
      his work. As noted in Cressie's paper, many other
      folks in many other fields were also working on
      similar stuff.

      Since Digby's original question was about publications
      in mining specifically, I think de Wijs is still the
      earliest reference. If anyone knows an earlier, please
      let us know!

      Isobel
      http://geoecosse.bizland.com/news.html

      http://uk.my.yahoo.com