AI-GEOSTATS: AI-GEOSTATS III

  • Gregoire Dubois
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2002
      Good news,

      after 2 years of hibernation, www.ai-geostats.org is running again properly
      (e.g. the search scripts are working again, many links have been updated). The
      web server is not anymore located 1000 km away from my working place but right
      on my desk. Consequently, the maintenance should be more easy. This new
      situation should last until the next disk crash.

      No changes have been made to the mailing list itself of course (managed by a
      majordomo mail server of the University of Lausanne) which has so far always
      been running without problems.

      I still have to transfer much from the information stored previously (mainly
      books and online papers) to the new web site. This will take some time because
      of the many dead/changed links. On the other hand, I managed to get the
      archives of 1996 back online.

      The FAQs have been updated as well as the software section.

      You may also notice that there are no online forms anymore for the courses,
      conferences, jobs and books section. Please send the information to me, not to
      the mailing list, and I will add it to the web site. The same has always
      applied for the software.

      For what concerns the "People section", many of you who posted their personal
      information wanted to update their information. To speed up the whole cleaning
      process I just have removed all the names (sorry) and I therefore will ask you
      to resubmit your information. In the case you later need to make changes to
      your personal information (change of email, job position), just drop me a line
      and I will make the changes a.s.a.p (within a few minutes in theory).

      I have tried to check most of the links and the information stored, but after
      almost 2 years of minimum maintenance and hundreds of links, there are
      certainly links which still will need to be updated. I would appreciate very
      much if you could indicate me the wrong/dead links you will find.

      Long live AI-GEOSTATS III !

      Regards,

      Gregoire (owner of AI-GEOSTATS)

      PS: nothing being perfect, the old software I'm using for the setup and design
      of the web pages did not allow me to list postings with the latest information
      appearing first... Sorry, but I don't have right now the time and energy to
      start everything from scratch again.