AI-GEOSTATS: Kriging the earth

  • Ian Glacken
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 15, 2002
      I have a very interesting problem - I need to interpolate a geophysical parameter into the earth. Using a latitude/longitude coordinate system isn't good enough as I need to interpolate throughout the earth's interior. If possible I would like to avoid unwrapping or unfolding the earth as this will lead to problems in data replication.

      Has anybody any experience of interpolating within a sphere? All suggestions will be gratefully received.

      Ian Glacken