AI-GEOSTATS: Kriging the earth
- I have a very interesting problem - I need to interpolate a geophysical parameter into the earth. Using a latitude/longitude coordinate system isn't good enough as I need to interpolate throughout the earth's interior. If possible I would like to avoid unwrapping or unfolding the earth as this will lead to problems in data replication.
Has anybody any experience of interpolating within a sphere? All suggestions will be gratefully received.
* To post a message to the list, send it to ai-geostats@...
* As a general service to the users, please remember to post a summary of any useful responses to your questions.
* To unsubscribe, send an email to majordomo@... with no subject and "unsubscribe ai-geostats" followed by "end" on the next line in the message body. DO NOT SEND Subscribe/Unsubscribe requests to the list
* Support to the list is provided at http://www.ai-geostats.org