AI-GEOSTATS: anisotropic nugget

  • correa sandra
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 22, 2002
      (*)

      Hi everyone:

      I am not sure if my question is too basic, if it is could somebody recomend a text for solving it? I am trying to made a model
      for a logarithmic data set, those having a great variance. Both, the covariogram for original data, and the covariogram for
      normalized data show lower values for the nugget in the direction of maximun continuity and a considerable higher effect in
      two directions of high anisotropy. I think this is anisotropic nugget effect and is releated with the variability of the data, is it?

      If I am right, how shall a anisotropic nugget be model? Shouldn´t the nugget be a constant?

      I will appreciatte any advice

      (*) Message reposted by the moderator. Please reply to "correa sandra" <correasan@...>,
      not the moderator.
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 24, 2002
        There is software around which will allow you to
        define different nugget effects in different
        directions, but I would not put any bets on the
        outcome!

        It looks like you have a short range component which
        cannot be seen because of the spacing of your data.
        Try adding a spherical component with a shorter range
        and a component sill of the right size to make the
        nugget effect equal in all directions. I would.

        Isobel Clark
        http://geoecosse.bizland.com

        http://uk.my.yahoo.com