AI-GEOSTATS: anisotropic nugget
I am not sure if my question is too basic, if it is could somebody recomend a text for solving it? I am trying to made a model
for a logarithmic data set, those having a great variance. Both, the covariogram for original data, and the covariogram for
normalized data show lower values for the nugget in the direction of maximun continuity and a considerable higher effect in
two directions of high anisotropy. I think this is anisotropic nugget effect and is releated with the variability of the data, is it?
If I am right, how shall a anisotropic nugget be model? Shouldn´t the nugget be a constant?
I will appreciatte any advice
(*) Message reposted by the moderator. Please reply to "correa sandra" <correasan@...>,
not the moderator.
- There is software around which will allow you to
define different nugget effects in different
directions, but I would not put any bets on the
It looks like you have a short range component which
cannot be seen because of the spacing of your data.
Try adding a spherical component with a shorter range
and a component sill of the right size to make the
nugget effect equal in all directions. I would.
Do You Yahoo!?
Everything you'll ever need on one web page
from News and Sport to Email and Music Charts
* To post a message to the list, send it to ai-geostats@...
* As a general service to the users, please remember to post a summary of any useful responses to your questions.
* To unsubscribe, send an email to majordomo@... with no subject and "unsubscribe ai-geostats" followed by "end" on the next line in the message body. DO NOT SEND Subscribe/Unsubscribe requests to the list
* Support to the list is provided at http://www.ai-geostats.org